MS Dhoni is the Synonym of “Captain” in Cricket. Thala is Back. He is returning as the Captain of CSK in ipl 2022 because Jadeja had handed the captaincy back to him and guess what MS Dhoni accepted the responsibility gain, stepped down from the captaincy before the start of the ipl, in the larger interest of the Jadeja’s performance and team. After this unprecedented event, for which all CSK fans and Indians were praying, he overtook Dravid to become the oldest Indian player to lead the team in T20 cricket and set a record.
He has led CSK to four IPL titles since the inaugural edition in 2008.
After taking responsibility as a Captain, the CSK team performed well since Return of MS Dhoni as captain.
It’s like Dhoni doesn’t want captaincy but captaincy wants Dhoni. He has shown his captaincy skills in every format of cricket and especially done an exceptional job in the victory of two big ICC trophies for the country.
There is no doubt about the captaincy of MS Dhoni. Former Indian skipper Dhoni is the most successful IPL skipper in history in terms of wins, with 121 from 204 games. There is no point in appointing someone else as captain when you have a captain like Dhoni. He is not just the captain. He is an emotion. Ms dhoni is a legend and the all-time best captain in the world. Steeping into MS Dhoni’s shoes is not an easy task for anyone.
Let’s try to analyse his captaincy skills
- On the field, Return of MS Dhoni, the veteran stumper, spends the majority of his time planning and strategizing for the game. He has the power to deliver the best of the best in any conditions of the match.
- MS Dhoni’s team meetings are typically brief.
- He does the majority of the groundwork.
- Dhoni does not tell the players what to do ahead of time which makes him an unpredictable captain.
- He simply urges the coaching staff to ensure that the players are prepared before the game.
- He maintains track of everything that goes on in the team either on the field or off the field.